6. Release and Waiver of Liability: This Participation Commitment & Code of Conduct shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Miami-Dade County. Any disagreement, claim, cause of action or suit of any nature whatsoever between the parties may only be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction. The undersigned acknowledge (i) the value and importance of the program, (ii) the risks inherent in the program, and (iii) that the sponsors, Miami MOTL, CAJE, and the Greater Miami Jewish Federation, cannot provide such programs if they have to bear liability for the potential risks described above. Therefore, the undersigned, on behalf of themselves and on behalf of the Participant, and their respective heirs and personal representatives, hereby agrees:
- Not to sue, assert a claim against, attach the property of, or to prosecute any of the sponsors Miami MOTL, CAJE, and the Greater Miami Jewish Federation, and all affiliated entities, and their respective directors, officers, members, agents and employees relating to the loss of life or limb, any personal injury, harm, accident, illness, loss of property (whether belonging to the Participant or to a third party), claim, suit, damage, liability or expense, in any way affecting the Participant, howsoever caused, and whether caused, directly or indirectly, by any of the sponsors, Miami MOTL, CAJE, and the Greater Miami Jewish Federation, and/or the Participant or other program Participants, arising out of or in connection with the Participant's participation in the Miami MOTL program.
- To release, indemnify and hold harmless the sponsors, The Miami Leo Martin March of the Living, the Center for the Advancement of Jewish Education (CAJE), and the Greater Miami Jewish Federation, from and against any claim, damages, suit, liability or responsibility asserted against the sponsors Miami MOTL, CAJE, and the Greater Miami Jewish Federation for theft, loss or damage to the property of the Participant or third parties.
- To indemnify and hold harmless the sponsors Miami MOTL, CAJE, and the Greater Miami Jewish Federation from and against any claim, damages, suit, liability or responsibility asserted against the sponsors Miami MOTL, CAJE, and the Greater Miami Jewish Federation arising out of or in connection with the acts or omissions of the Participant.
- To authorize Miami MOTL, CAJE, and the Greater Miami Jewish Federation to use any photograph, video, image, likeness, utterance or statement in which Participant may appear or be involved, in whole or in part, in any media, including the Internet, for promotional, fundraising or other purposes, without approval by or compensation to the Participant or parent. We hereby release IMOTL, Miami MOTL, CAJE, and the Greater Miami Jewish Federation from any and all liability in connection with the use of any such photograph, video, image, likeness, utterance or statement.
- To authorize IMOTL, Miami MOTL, CAJE, and the Greater Miami Jewish Federation and any staff representative of any of the above to make necessary immediate medical decisions on behalf of the Participant.
7. Covid-19: I acknowledge that novel coronavirus (COVID-19) infections have been confirmed throughout the world. In accordance with the most recent guidance and protocols issued by the World Health Organization (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for slowing the transmission of COVID-19, I hereby agree, represent, and warrant that my child will not participate in the Miami MOTL Program within 14 days after (a) returning from highly- impacted areas subject to a CDC Level 3 Travel Health Notice, (b) exposure to any person returning from areas subject to a CDC Level 3 Travel Health Notice, or (c) exposure to any person who has a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19. I further agree, represent and warrant that I have had the opportunity to discuss my child's participation in the Miami MOTL program with my child's health services provider and that my child shall not participate in the Miami MOTL program if he or she experiences any symptoms of COVID-19 or has been exposed to any individual with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19. I understand that if my child exhibits any symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days of the Miami MOTL program's commencement, my child will not be permitted to participate in the Miami MOTL program. Moreover, if during the course of the IMOTL, Miami MOTL, CAJE, and the Greater Miami Jewish Federation and their respective agents, staff, and consulting medical professionals develop any concerns about my child's exposure to, or symptoms of, COVID-19, my child may be quarantined and will receive medical care as deemed appropriate by the treating medical providers. I further acknowledge and agree that, due to the nature of the Miami MOTL Program, social distancing of 6 feet per person among program participants and the agents and staff of IMOTL, Miami MOTL, CAJE, and the Greater Miami Jewish Federation is not always possible. I fully understand and appreciate both the known and potential dangers of my child's participation in the Miami MOTL program and acknowledge that such participation may, despite the reasonable efforts of IMOTL, Miami MOTL, CAJE, and the Greater Miami Jewish Federation to mitigate such dangers, result in exposure to COVID-19, which could result in quarantine requirements, serious illness, disability and/or death of my child or any person who may contract COVID-19, directly or indirectly, from my child.
8. Act of War: If war is declared in any location that materially interrupts the performance of the Miami MOTL program, or actually precludes the program’s ability to travel, the Miami MOTL has the right to terminate the travel portion of the program and follow the cancellation agreement that has been established by each party.
9. Fees and Withdrawal, and Cancellation/Refund Agreement: The Miami MOTL program requires an application fee of $260. If the Participant withdraws voluntarily with written notice or is asked to withdraw from the program, Miami's Leo Martin March of the Living program reserves the right to keep the full program fee. More information regarding program fee guidelines and refund policies will be made available on our website: https://caje-miami.org/teens/miamimotl/ and on the Payment, Cancellation, Refund Policy agreement each family is required to sign. The undersigned acknowledges that the leaders of the Miami MOTL Program reserve the right to require any Participant to withdraw from the program (or restrict a Participant's involvement in particular activities) (i) because of undisclosed medical, physical or emotional ailment, condition or disability, or (ii) if the acts or conduct of Participants are deemed detrimental by the Miami MOTL leaders to the safety, interest, harmony, comfort or welfare of the Miami MOTL program and the other Participants in the Miami MOTL program.
10. Insurance: Travel Insurance is compulsory for all Participants and is non-refundable. The Miami MOTL recommends third-party coverage that Participants can opt into or Participants can seek coverage that is equivalent. Travel insurance should cover appropriate medical coverage per program requirements. Participants may consider purchasing travel insurance with Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) which may provide coverage that the Miami March of the Living Cancellation/Refund Policy does not cover. Information regarding travel insurance requirements will be provided to families during the program year.
11. International Travel: I hereby give my Participant permission to attend the Miami MOTL program sessions and trip to Poland and Israel. In the case that my child has dual citizenship with Israel, is an Israeli citizen, or is a citizen of a country other than the United States, I will make sure that he or she will have the proper documents to travel in and out of the United States, Poland, and Israel.
By signing below, all Participants and Parents/Guardians agree to abide by the Participation Commitment & Code of Conduct as set forth by the Miami MOTL program. It is expected that Participants will act with the highest degree of responsibility and represent themselves, their family, and community with the highest integrity. If Participants do not comply with these expectations, consequences including program dismissal may occur as noted above.
We, the undersigned, agree to abide by the Participation Commitment & Code of Conduct.
Participants and Parents/Guardians, type name in box below to indicate electronic signature